Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

a Doll's Tea Party in Rockport

Tuesday was another golden day. The light in Rockport is so special, and this is one of the reasons it is the oldest continuous art colony in the US.  Cathy drove around the harbor to take a few photos.

After lunch Peggy and I went to visit her friend Prudence Fish. Pru began to collect antique dolls as a little girl. Her mother's older friends began to bring her their dolls, some of them very fine. This built a very good start for her collection.   After a bit Pru served tea and snacks and we looked for all the world like 3 little girls having a tea party with the dollies.  I guess that is just what we were.





Blog Archive

Visits