Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday morning

Dennis and Peggy own a fine restaurant in the center of old Gloucester.  Dennis is making chicken soup for the restaurant this morning and I will have that with crusty French bread and butter for lunch.. The restaurant is Halibut Point in a historic building.

Here are pictures of some of my treasures gathered this past week. The indigo and white coverlet has had the fringe cut away in some misguided effort to neaten it. The strong graphics are undiminished and carry it still as an interesting early textile for those of us who love them.

  My friend Penny has been in Vermont this past two weeks weaving a plaid blanket for her home.  I cannot wait to see it!  Peggy's sister Cathy is a very productive weaver even with a lot of family still at home. Cathy made the two little mats in salmon and green, I am delighted to have them to use under feather trees at Christmas.

The little blue doll socks and the blue doll dress and the delft tile give you a hint as to one of   my favorite colors. The doll shoes are a gift from Peggy and will go home to one of my Greiners.. Also destined for the doll cabinet is the small sampler dated 1794.






Blog Archive

Visits