Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A wonderful early house in Virginia.

I love paint!  And old houses!  So what a pleasure when my friend Linda shared these pictures of her  Great Grandparent's home in Virginia. 
Built in 1805 it has all original faux painted woodwork.   This home is all the more interesting to me because one of my own ancestor's homes is not far away. More of that later.  Here is the one from Linda: 









 
 

The home is in South east Virginia.  Southampton County.  Closest town is Courtland.  This house is on the Nottoway River west of Courtland.
How great it is to walk in the footsteps of your great grand parents. Thanks for sharing Linda.  E

Blog Archive

Visits