Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Thursday, December 17, 2015

A small Cone Santa to make

Small spots of Christmas are so much pleasure. You can arrange them wherever you like, a candle and a bit of holy on a shelf  makes a nice note. Antiques glow when highlighted by these touches.  Here is friend Gina's ipad and phone charging station.  I love seeing my little ship mat pattern in the mix.

A little Santa on a cupboard at my house is one I made from faded rug wool and a bit of sculpy or similar clay plus cotton to form a beard.  A simple three piece cone that any crafter can cut is the base.  Front and back are bullet shaped and the base is a circle to fit.  Make that hat tall.  Curved arms without stuffing are inserted in the side seams. The almost flat backed clay face is on with a bit of glue, then a beard and edging are applied with more glue.  The mustache is modeled and painted in the clay face but the beard is applied cotton.

A group of them could be assembled in muted colors and even one in a soft plaid.


 
When I stuffed  him I added a circle of cardboard inside the base.  Trim for the coat can be cotton quilt batting cut with crisp edges.      e

Blog Archive

Visits