Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Thursday, January 27, 2022

January, cold here for us.

January is my birthday month.   As I am hiding out from covid, no indoor party was planned.  The day was bright and pretty but too cool for sitting in the yard together,  so a drive by birthday was the result. It worked out very nicely.   I had four generations here, a fine showing of family stopping by for cake to go and the little ones sang happy birthday.  Linda brought balloons and Beth made the cake and Debbie sent flowers.  I felt well celebrated.  

My beautiful Granddaughter Sarah.


                                                              My son Carl.


Flowers from a sweet long time rug hooking friend

                        A snow scene started a while back, getting closer to finished.  On Cape Anne.

Selfie in guest bathroom mirror on my 91st birthday. The guest bathroom has over a dozen paintings hanging. The small room has a skylight, so it shows paintings nicely. Most of my Cape Ann paintings are there. I use a hooked rug with a whale for a bathmat. My daughter Cheryl painted the large ship, but not from life. e












Blog Archive

Visits