Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

A Family of China Dolls

A happy box came in the mail from Ruby Lane shop Red Dog Dolls, Theresa sent me two new dolls. I have been wanting that little boy for about a year! The other in a brown dress is a nice sister to the Kloster Vielsdorf girl I already had in dark blue, shown together. The girls are both a scant 18 inches, the boy 13. That hen looks too close for comfort, hope it does not scare the little guy! The fabric of his wonderful jacket is under stress, I think I will slip a soft piece of cotton batiste under the jacket where the points of the shoulder head are, front and back. Of course his clothes are why I had to have him! His clothing is so striking as to approach the level of folk art.    e














Mostly Chinas, with a few others.  e


Blog Archive

Visits