Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

It snowed once when we lived on the little Cherry Road Farm.

I think it was about 1986. I had had a very disappointing day and had trudged afoot into town to a long planned first meeting of what I hoped would be a rug hooking group I was offering to teach free and give the supplies, but it did not start well with 13 inches of snow and it never got much better!  When I finally made it home, Jack had made a snow bear in the yard for me, as I have always said Teddy bears make me smile. We went sledding down from Windcrest hill, with no traffic or we would have been history as we had no control on such a slope. We had as much fun as children together.
You can see that much was already melting when he made the bear.

 

This was taken when the 13 inches was fresh the first day.


 The ice made daggers four feet long! 

Snow could not last long for us.    e
 

Blog Archive

Visits