Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Monday, December 29, 2014

More art minded in 2015

I hope to go back to my painting this year.  I am happy at it.  I truly love paint and the application of it.  Even so, it seems such a waste of time as there is no need for more little oil paintings of a mediocre sort.  The world is full of millions of them!  Jack said to think of it like golf, just enjoy the doing of it and strive to get better as you do it, whatever the definition of better may be.   That goes down hard for me as I am a production minded person.    I wrote my brother this and here is his reply:  (My brother is a writer among other talents.)

I agree with Jack. I think our happiest moments are those in which we are lost (or found) in creation. Completely "in the zone" of creating something that didn't exist before. Not every seed will sprout, not every sprout will grow, but in the moments of preparing the soil, planting the seed, and tending the sprout, there is hope and joy. Each plant which survives may then thrive. Not all will be beautiful, not all will be strong, but together they make a more beautiful patch of earth. Likewise with your paintings, among which will be the ones that make you very happy. But you won't know which ones until you pick up the paintbrushes and enter that creative, timeless zone.
Love, 
Chale
 
Pictures show a gorgeous old house on one of the prettiest farms in our county, where I attended a great party yesterday.  There are many painting possibilities there! 



 
Here comes 2015, I am a happy person grateful for many blessings.  e

Blog Archive

Visits