Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Long Hot days, mostly inside now sewing or reading

With the warmer weather, early mornings are the time to pick a few tomatoes, change the water in the bird bath, do the small things outside.  I am out again late evening, to walk and enjoy the neighborhood.   Now there has finally been time allotted to arrange a sewing nook.    These pictures look like I am sewing in a dark place, not so, it is a matter of my camera's auto setting which picks up and tempers the brightest light. 



 
I want to find a little model 20 singer to add to the shelf above my featherweight.  I have two of the featherweights in very good shape so that if one is off being serviced, the other is here to use.  
There are so many stitches needed to care for a doll collection and the accessories one displays with it.  I sew some of the smaller accessories in place for safety.  Miss Greiner is quite please with her new old basket.  I took a few stitches by hand to make a loop around her arm to secure the basket.
 

 
There will be company here next week to share the dolls with during the UFDC convention held in San Antonio this year.  I have been a member off and on for 55 years!   e
 

Blog Archive

Visits