Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Monday, October 7, 2013

If you really love old Houses

I invite you to enjoy the new blog of my friend Prudence Fish, author of "Antique Houses of Gloucester".  Pru is a friend of Peggy Flavin, whom I know as a doll person, but whose real passion and greatest expertise lie in the study of early New England Houses. Being with them a good bit on this trip has been a privilege. 

Pru's blog address is 

http://prudencefish.blogspot.com/   

Dixie Redmond deserves credit for getting it up and going, while Peggy and I pushed from behind, but Pru herself is the real treasure. I have her book and hope to have another!

She is covering the subject right up to the minute, citing the one that just was raised last night under cover of darkness.  Go see !  Edyth

Blog Archive

Visits