Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Company is coming all the way from Maine!

So, I have cleared away my sewing clutter to enjoy this beautiful table runner, copy of an antique one. This was the last large piece I tried to hook and when it became apparent my hands were not going to finish it, a sweet friend, Debbie, took it home for a few months and brought it back as a splendid echo of an early American folk art treasure.     Thank you Debbie, love it! 


Friend Trisha Travis worked one of the ships. 



Jack made our eight foot table from two wide boards than once were part of the buttry in our 1768 cape from Connecticut.



 I am grateful to have this beautiful hooked piece, mine only because of the encouragement and help from friends.  Barb Carroll printed a version of it and the linen to hook is available from Katie Hartner at Nimble Thimble.   The shape of my whale and a few other small details differ a bit.   e

Blog Archive

Visits