Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Friday, June 19, 2015

Tag sales are Fun

Especially if held by an antique collecting friend.  Ultimately I went to this one three times and Linda went twice. Wish I had pictured the nice Navajo pattern hooked rug she bought. 



I am ever and always attracted to textiles, even just pieces of hand woven things.
 
The soft blue runner is linen and wool.  The deep color of the old book backs attracted me.
 
The large format book was printed in 1888. Nice red to go with Christmas arrangements.
 
There were bits of Old Christmas  to bring home even if it is June! 
 
 A hand knit  stocking holds toy tidbits. I will add a small antique doll.
Two forlorn fragments of tiny Christmas trees are projects and a nice little fence needs a tree to fit.
 
 
Best of all is a deep blue Staffordshire plate now a glowing lovely sapphire in my red cupboard. 
  e.
 

Blog Archive

Visits