Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blessed Rain!

We received a lovely  inch and three quarters last night!  Indescribably welcome.  I have feared for the life of my great Natches white crepe myrtles at the Lightstone house I am selling.  Getting there to water much one day a week at the designated hours under rationing is hard in winter, after 6 pm here is dark and cold. Before 10 am is too chilly for me to stand out in also most of the time.   I do well to water the smaller yard where I live now.  This rain from Heaven gives all of the plants a new extension on life.  It is spring in Texas, these two sets of lambs are so homely they are cute!

I continue listing and selling some things on my shop blog, thank those of you who check in there. 

I have added photos of another early quilted bonnet to the post about these below. 

I am hoping to do some painting soon, a friend in Gloucester MA sent some lovely photos to work from since I cannot get there myself right now.  That area has been hit hard by the last two storms.
My heart is with those trying to recover there.   Edyth
  

Blog Archive

Visits