Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A little at a time

Jack is painting the kitchen cabinets, just a little along between other tasks. I am happy with the grey green which to my eye is gray with a lot of green in it, and others including my artist daughter see as gray green, but definitely green. The color is planned to show well with Jack's stoneware collection, with accents of coppery redware placed here and there.
The dolls have begun to gather in the hallway niche, created for them from a former washer/dryer space.
I have pot plants to care for and a yard to plan. It always seems to me that when I dig in a garden, I begin to feel attached to that plot of ground. Those of you who are gardeners understand the elemental connection I am speaking of.
There are so many things yet to accomplish before we are settled here, I think of Robert Frost's words, I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Edyth

Blog Archive

Visits