Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Rufus Porter Museum this summer

Last week The mail brought me a brochure listing classes in the 2012 Cultural Heritage series at this delightful small museum in Maine. Floor cloth painting looks like something I would enjoy, and there is a nice rug hooking class with Jacqueline Hansen, a top teacher. But it is the class on Rufus Porter Style wall murals I would love to take!  Not much chance I will get to Maine this July, but my heart will be there.  Check out the opportunities , I do not see 2012 events on the web yet, (they may well be there) email is rufusportermuseum@myfairpoint.net  .

There are lovely small museums all over New England.. another favorite of ours is the one in Lebanon Connecticut.  So much to enjoy for us who love art and antiques and New England's history.   Edyth

Blog Archive

Visits