Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Friday, January 6, 2012

Silver crosses













This is some of my favorite cross jewelry. The double barred crosses reflect the northern fur trade crosses, while the simplest ones are designs from New Mexican pueblos. In spite of that, the double barred one with multiple small crosses is styled after necklaces from Isleta Pueblo. I did not make the chains or beads. The red beads look like pipestone but were sold to me as green heart Venician glass. I will restring them and add the cross shown by them. I enjoy a variety of trade beads to wear my crosses on, but am by no means convinced of any age or authenticity for them! The ones on chains are on really LONG chains. e

Blog Archive

Visits