Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Friday, May 29, 2009

Waylayed by Pirates!




I was diverted from the heads by the little ship which came to the top when we moved stuff around in the garage.
We lost several portraits in the fire, and several
more were greatly damaged and sent for restoration. After the heartbreaking
results of that effort, I just never could send the little ship painting.
Neither could I throw it away. So last week I painted over the dim outlines
through the darkened painting. It was treated with an ozone machine after the fire, which controled the odor fairly well. It was not only the varnish that had
bubbled and darkened, but the paint film itself. Cooked. So here is my
result, not anything like it was, but I have to think of it as a different
thing and go forward. The frame which Jack has now painted black was gold
leaf of course. Jack's cat Cleo is quite the art critic. Thanks for the links on milliner's heads from several of you, I will post results here by and by. Best, E

Blog Archive

Visits