Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities.

For more than sixty years I have studied, collected, repaired, and bought and sold antique dolls. They have been back ground music in my life at every stage, sometimes louder, sometimes subdued, but always there with me. To see only the posts about dolls on this blog, click the banner on the right titled Dolls for My Red Cape. Keep clicking “Older Posts” to see more. Some of the posts featuring rug hooking are gathered under the banner For Cathy. From time to time items are offered for sale under the banner “O’Neill’s Antiques” which was our shop name for many years. ~Edyth O’Neill

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Today's progress.





Gary and Jack hung the pole for the baskets this morning.  The house is sleekly modern, with lots of interesting up-high spaces to use.  The ship weathervane shows from the kitchen as well as the main room.
 A group of 4 fine men are framing in our back  porch to make it a room with windows all the way around.  I see it as a place of pot plants and comfy chairs to watch the birds at the feeders.   E

7 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Edyth! I absolutely adore the seamless blend of sleek modern and traditional antiques! You are always such an adventurous gal! A true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the pole and baskets! Happy you have found a way to blend modern and antiques.

    Hope the place is beginning to feel more like home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new home is coming along beautifully. I love the design and touches you have added to make it your own. Wish my ceilings were higher.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white and wide open space really shows off your collection(s) well.

    It's already looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Edyth,
    It is beautiful! You could make any place wonderful.
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edyth,
    Your new home may be modern but with your wonderful antiques, dolls and hooked rugs your special touch will make it a most cozy dwelling place. I love how your basket collection looks on the pole. Wonderful idea! Thank you for taking us along on your journey. It's very inspiring. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE it!! Love the combination of modern architecture and your lovely antiques. It's breathtaking, really. It sure looks like home to me....your things would look good anywhere, though, and I'm sure you'll be very comfortable there. You two have a special gift. Looking forward to even more photos soon. Pace yourself!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visits