Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities.

For more than sixty years I have studied, collected, repaired, and bought and sold antique dolls. They have been back ground music in my life at every stage, sometimes louder, sometimes subdued, but always there with me. To see only the posts about dolls on this blog, click the banner on the right titled Dolls for My Red Cape. Keep clicking “Older Posts” to see more. Some of the posts featuring rug hooking are gathered under the banner For Cathy. From time to time items are offered for sale under the banner “O’Neill’s Antiques” which was our shop name for many years. ~Edyth O’Neill

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hooked rug, whaling runner





















This one is a design from an old rug, printed by Barb Carroll as "Moby Dick" in her section of antique rugs. I would love to have it to use down the center of our dining table. Click on a picture to make it larger, you will see my color play using a great deal of variation, which is my main enjoyment in this great craft. Edyth

5 comments:

  1. I love this rug- it is on my to do list. Your colors are fabulous. Please post a photo when you are finished! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough of looking at hooked wool rugs. Your colors are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a beautiful rug. I am working on one with an ark from Mad Hen, but there wasn't enough strips in the kit, so filling in with my own, so a bit more raggedy looking with mixed wools.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and the variations you used. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edyth, your colors are enchanting and your work always makes me want to run and dive into my worm basket and get hooking! Blue and rust are one of my favorite combinations, and anything of the sea - well, it tugs at my heart! Can't wait to see the finished rug!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visits