Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities.

For more than sixty years I have studied, collected, repaired, and bought and sold antique dolls. They have been back ground music in my life at every stage, sometimes louder, sometimes subdued, but always there with me. To see only the posts about dolls on this blog, click the banner on the right titled Dolls for My Red Cape. Keep clicking “Older Posts” to see more. Some of the posts featuring rug hooking are gathered under the banner For Cathy. From time to time items are offered for sale under the banner “O’Neill’s Antiques” which was our shop name for many years. ~Edyth O’Neill

Friday, March 23, 2012

Changes happen.

It looks like I may have to move house. We are in a nice large two story
one, and husband’s bedroom is on the second floor. He is up a lot at night and
I snore terribly, so we keep separate sleeping rooms. Now the stairs are an
issue for us both. We do not want to move. A horrible prospect with all the
stuff we have packed in here! I don’t know just when, but I see it coming.
We have collections of collections.

Thanks to Debbie for buying most of the rug wool, and to a number of you
who are helping reduce the size of my doll family. The next house is 1000 sq feet smaller. Oh My!

4 comments:

  1. There will be good things about the new house that you cannot see now. Dealing with "collections of collections" is daunting but thankfully there are still people collecting and will be happy to welcome some treasures into their collections. Hugs to you and yours, E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you both well on your journey. I am happy that you were able to find a new home. I hope you can bring your most treasured memories/items with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Godspeed, Edyth. You will make
    home a home no matter where.. You
    brought your lovely red cape with
    you there and will probably repeat
    that birthing in your next place.
    Allow life to evolve and you will
    find delightful surprises in store
    for you...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in a two story home on an 8 acre property that I love. It is just becoming too much for us--all the bedrooms are upstairs and the upkeep on the cleared two acres is exhausting. I also have lots of stuff and collections. I'm thinking we will be preparing to move in a couple of years. Will have to hire movers and someone to help me settle a new household. When we moved here we left a house we had lived in for 22 years, so there was lots to move!
    Wishing you well--hope you find the perfect home!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visits