Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Eagle Rug again

 

There was an earlier version of my Eagle rug lost in the 2005 house fire. This morning I have taken some pictures of the rug I hooked to replace it.  I like it better without the distracting border.  This also made it a little smaller.  I bound the hem on the back with plaid wool.  The rug shows a bit of fading and wear, as it serves on the floor in front of a blue corner cupboard in my bedroom.  For safety’s sake, none of my hooked rugs is now in a walkway. I miss the ones rolled quietly away.

   My color choices are still consistent.  You can see this in a shawl on my big loom at present.  









Here is a look at home school for three little great grands, assisted by Bailey their older sister. Bailey is helping Sarah their mother for a few days, getting school off to a nice beginning for the new semester.  

 




Gus helps too.     Note: comments here have been sweet to get from many of you, but now they are hidden, because of a torrent of very inappropriate and nasty spam which has found my blog.   stay safe, God bless, e

Blog Archive

Visits