Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Two Star Rug Camp, fall of 2016!

This has been an exciting day in so many ways.  It is for me as for all of you I expect, a heartwarming thing to see and hug people you have known for years and share the excitement of a well loved craft together.  I love seeing what people are making now.  An additional pleasure was seeing friend Linda set up her jewelry for just a tight 45 minute slot to sell in the sales room, and how well her things were received! It was a happy near riot. Thirty eight out of forty two pieces offered were sold, that is almost one per minute.

Hope you will enjoy the pictures below, it is hard to catch color and creative highs in a small rectangle with my camera.  warmly, e

 Men can hook rugs too.



Linda starting to set out her jewelry

Here come the buyers!

It went so well!

An enthusiastic bunch

Debbie wrote the tickets.
Added Note, see Linda's jewelry on etsy at 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrairieRoseRanchwear?ref=l2-shopheader-name 

A whale rug from my pattern. He has barnacles on him using spot dyed wool!

Weaver's Lion is one of my favorites.

three examples of pretty wool applique.

 See how muted the colors are for an antique look.



Kay's armadillo is one of her Texas Critters, So beautifully done!

 This rug represents Shake Rag Street in Mineral Point Wisconsin designed and hooked by Sally Kallin

The wool is luscious. 

Maggie is holding her early looking one. I had so many favorites! But this might be my favorite favorite today!  Nina Fletcher Little would have approved I think. This is a very wide cut.   Glad you can be a mouse in my pocket and share this. e

added on Thursday:  Below is the first Bird and Pomegranate rug I hooked in 1982, signed and dated.  I have recently purchased it back from someone who bought it in the 1980's.    Over years I have hooked this design three times. I am glad to see the rug again and that it is in fine shape.  It has not faded which is a tribute to Evelyn Newton’s dying, as it is all her wool.   e









Blog Archive

Visits