Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Baubles, Bangles and Beads.

Fredericksburg is full of interesting people who DO things! There are weavers and writers and potters and dancers and musicians of all kinds and of course hundreds of painters.   My friend Linda designs jewelry, she makes the neatest pieces.    I like to visit there and see what she has completed lately.

See Linda's jewelry on Etsy:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrairieRoseRanchwear?ref=l2-shopheader-name 

I bought the big piece of Amber on beads that Linda has cleverly joined with crochet.

The oversized Nickel would be fun to wear.




 Linda will string the Virgin of Guadalupe pendant on these pretty beads of fire agate for me. The pendant looks to have been made of an old Coin, we can still see UN PESO on the back.

A sister of the Donald has a necklace of Linda's.   Linda says if she gets to be the official White House Jeweler, she wants her studio to be in the closet next to Lincoln's bedroom.  e

Blog Archive

Visits