Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September Gold Part 2

Outstanding smalls include numerous pieces of chalk ware.
See the stone fruit used as bookends on the middle shelf.





Many of the redware pieces used as lamps were wired by Jack and I think this is one of hundreds of lampshades I made years ago. 

These pictures only suggest the collection of samplers which is on view everywhere in the house.




Portraits everywhere.





A classic early butterfly table hides here in a too dark picture. I am always happy to see pieces we have sold in the past, now in good collections.. I still have three of these in my living room.





 
Chalk again.
The china head doll with a covered wagon hair style was found in a local estate sale.  This type of doll is one of my favorites. Think of the children she has helped to raise!
 
We are all waiting for a turn in the weather to signal cooler times.  There is just a touch of color in the foliage so it will be pretty soon.  This lovely party ushers in the season for my friends and me.
 
There is a nice complex of hill country houses furnished in a more primitive style coming here soon I hope.  Best, e

Blog Archive

Visits