Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Enchanted morning

One of the pretty natural areas near Fredericksburg is Enchanted Rock. The park is well run by the state park department, with a nice balance between plenty of amenities for visitors and scenic trails with a minimum of invasive elements to spoil the experience. There are parking and camping in the front of the park and then well maintained hiking trails in the rest with no bikes let along cars allowed. You can choose between camping sites close to the parking or primitive camping areas where you pack in your tent and supplies by foot.  One spot I wanted to see is Moss lake but it can only be accessed by 2 miles of hiking which I cannot do.

This morning the weather was perfect, cool, bright, breezy, and fabulous for July 1st here!  Because of the nice rains we have had, the countryside is green beyond my remembering for July.

 

I was in search of pretty spots to paint plein air for an upcoming workshop, and I found many! Every where you look is a painting. I took over 50 photos. 




Fredericksburg is intensely patriotic. We do up the 4th celebration in a style to make Norman Rockwell proud.  Our parade on Main St lasts over an hour.  I hope to be there Saturday morning.  Happy forth of July.  e

Blog Archive

Visits