Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities.

For more than sixty years I have studied, collected, repaired, and bought and sold antique dolls. They have been back ground music in my life at every stage, sometimes louder, sometimes subdued, but always there with me. To see only the posts about dolls on this blog, click the banner on the right titled Dolls for My Red Cape. Keep clicking “Older Posts” to see more. Some of the posts featuring rug hooking are gathered under the banner For Cathy. From time to time items are offered for sale under the banner “O’Neill’s Antiques” which was our shop name for many years. ~Edyth O’Neill

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Country antique show

Another day of sunshine. Driving west inland the trees are showing more color. Barbara, Peggy and I went to an outdoor show, decorated with fall things, then to the Angel House shop, and two shops in Sturbridge. Missing below is a picture of the coverlet I bought, a bit rough but with eagles not to be resisted.  Diane Halprin of Townsend Mass was set up there and we visited her some. This was more of a primitive show than the three of us wished. Still there were many cross over pieces, some nice early redware, chairs, and my coverlet among them.

I am grounded now with the mother of all head colds, and will miss the flea market tomorrow. A bummer.  I have had chicken soup.  e






3 comments:

  1. I just saw that show, online, this morning. I am still fighting off that horrid cold going around so went for a short walk by the ocean to get some fresh air. Looks like a great show and your sailing trip looks like it was wonderful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see a part of the show! Love all the prim wood items! Hope you feel better! Enjoy your day the best you can..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the show yesterday too....was a perfect fall day & so many pretty booths ! A beautiful day to drive thru New England !!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visits