Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities.

For more than sixty years I have studied, collected, repaired, and bought and sold antique dolls. They have been back ground music in my life at every stage, sometimes louder, sometimes subdued, but always there with me. To see only the posts about dolls on this blog, click the banner on the right titled Dolls for My Red Cape. Keep clicking “Older Posts” to see more. Some of the posts featuring rug hooking are gathered under the banner For Cathy. From time to time items are offered for sale under the banner “O’Neill’s Antiques” which was our shop name for many years. ~Edyth O’Neill

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Feather tree up





 
I am sure to thicken this grouping and change it in the coming days, but it is good to have a tree up.  In past years I have enjoyed serving goodies from the little sled and around it. I can do that with this arrangement by just moving the bears and putting in serving plates of cookies and pumpkin bread. 


The lovely little doll in a blue striped morning dress is a 20 inch Izanna take off made by Jan Conwell.  Hannah loves having her for a companion.  e

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love all your old bears, feather trees, sleds, and everything!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous tableau you have created there. And your Izannah in her wee chariot is right at home. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah looks happy where she is. I just knit a wool shawl for my antique doll I named Helen, with size 0 needles and sock yarn.
    I like seeing your teddy bears. My daughter made one for me years back.
    The picket fence around your feather tree is a quaint and cozy idea.
    I found you through a back issue of EAL magazine and a photograph of your rug designs that caught me eye.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Edyth, as I begin my day by "thickening" my little tree with antique ornaments--I am also enjoying your recent blog showing your feather tree, sled, old decorations, and a new gift from Jack--the georgious I. Walker doll!! It's all just like "old times!" My little feather tree is signed J.ON.on the bottom--and I am taking it to Brass Bells on Mon. as one of my favorite
    things! Christmas Love, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edyth, the pictures are wonderful! I love all of your special collections and how you display them. How clever to use the sleigh in that way. Wishing you and Jack a most blessed Christmas. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - The entire room looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you & Yours Edyth! Wishing you every Blessing this Holiday Season holds for you ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edyth dear ~ Reawakened memory of
    "imitating" your sled idea based upon your previous tableau. Thank you for that wonderful idea; it always garners oohs/aahs. You have
    the gift of making simplicity so
    elegant. A blessed Christmastide to you and Jack and yours...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visits