Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities.

For more than sixty years I have studied, collected, repaired, and bought and sold antique dolls. They have been back ground music in my life at every stage, sometimes louder, sometimes subdued, but always there with me. To see only the posts about dolls on this blog, click the banner on the right titled Dolls for My Red Cape. Keep clicking “Older Posts” to see more. Some of the posts featuring rug hooking are gathered under the banner For Cathy. From time to time items are offered for sale under the banner “O’Neill’s Antiques” which was our shop name for many years. ~Edyth O’Neill

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas is my favorite time of the year.























































































































































































The punch bowl has a favorite simple combination, of one part Asti Spumonti one part white grape juice, one part Canada Dry Gingerale. You can leave out the Asti for a nice family drink. I put the ice in a side bowl so as not to dilute the punch. Chill the rest before hand.

Thank you for the nice comments several of you have left. The blue transfer print Staffordshire and the large Staffordshire cows were part of Jack's Mother's collection. The blue and white Delft in the red corner cupboard is something Jack and I have collected over time.

The fireplace is covered by our wide screen TV. The fire here is a DVD of a flickering fire, It was almost too much for our camera, I won't picture this again.








10 comments:

  1. What a Beautiful Christmas you have created, Thanks for a look into your world.Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Can I come live at your house? Beautiful, Edyth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your decorations!! Absolutely love the sled!!!

    Blessed Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo beautiful! So many treasures.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures! I really enjoy reading all the posts and seeing your photos.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You home looks wonderful, warm and inviting and just the right touches of a simple christmas.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful antiques!
    What a fabulous collection of flo blue that you have.
    Wonderful corner cupboards.
    And oh your coverlets are so lovely. Room after room is beautiful I cant tell you how much
    I enjoy seeing your lovely
    American antiques!!!
    I so rarely see them in
    shown in magazines anymore.
    Really enjoyed studying
    every detail in this post.
    Thank you so very much for
    sharing. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your house, and your house at Christmas is inspiring. My favorite part, though is seeing your lovely rugs peeking into the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos, such beautiful antiques, dishes, and crockery. You have such an appealing home, I love the doll in her Christmas red dress. Thank you for sharing.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Edyth, what beautiful decorations, your home looks so warm and inviting.
    Wishing you a joyous Christmas...Marian x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visits