Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities.

For more than sixty years I have studied, collected, repaired, and bought and sold antique dolls. They have been back ground music in my life at every stage, sometimes louder, sometimes subdued, but always there with me. To see only the posts about dolls on this blog, click the banner on the right titled Dolls for My Red Cape. Keep clicking “Older Posts” to see more. Some of the posts featuring rug hooking are gathered under the banner For Cathy. From time to time items are offered for sale under the banner “O’Neill’s Antiques” which was our shop name for many years. ~Edyth O’Neill

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A homes tour.. Come along! click pics to see larger



























I had over 80 photos of this property, sorry I cannot share them all! I have been asked where these homes are, for safety, I only say they are in Texas.

Do see that of all the guys there, mine was the best looking!! Maybe He is just my favorite person to be with, we do have a good time together!

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed that. Thanks for taking me along on the tour.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I could do was shake my head in wonderment. So many people these days haven't a clue as to what real antiques are. I marvel at this place and all the beautiful antiques.

    And most certainly, your guy is the handsomest one there, but don't tell the others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edyth and Jack, I wish I could have seen you both for this tour; however, my pitiful body would not let me travel.... But, a big thank you for the wonderful photos; everything looks beautiful. And, it was good to see the two of you in a photo. Blessings to you both, Love, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tour. I love old homes and rug hooking, of course! What area are these homes located?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics! I enjoy these types of homes so much.

    Tess Goodman

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visits