Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities.

For more than sixty years I have studied, collected, repaired, and bought and sold antique dolls. They have been back ground music in my life at every stage, sometimes louder, sometimes subdued, but always there with me. To see only the posts about dolls on this blog, click the banner on the right titled Dolls for My Red Cape. Keep clicking “Older Posts” to see more. Some of the posts featuring rug hooking are gathered under the banner For Cathy. From time to time items are offered for sale under the banner “O’Neill’s Antiques” which was our shop name for many years. ~Edyth O’Neill

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Where we love to be




The coast of Maine was the center point of it all. Isn't my sweet guy good looking??!!

7 comments:

  1. Hello Neighbor!
    Dear Edyth O'Neal, I too live on the coast of Maine, Near Tennants Harbor. Where do you live? Please come be a follower so we can get together more.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet guy is adorable. But I'm confused about that beach - - where's all of the mud, tar, jellyfish, refineries and cactuses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yvonne, We live in west central Texas, in Fredericksburg. I enjoyed your link, Edyth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my aching Heart! Where are yo both here? Looks like Lands End to me. I would give both my legs to be anywhere on the coast right now! These pics make me so homesick for my Maine! xoxoxo rachael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, fun! And in my neck of the woods!

    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Edyth, We are so happy you both had a wonderful trip to our beloved New England. We hope one day we might meet, and want you to know you would always be welcome on the doorstep of our little cape.
    All of your photos on your site and of your one-time little red house are so beautiful...
    Warmest regards,
    Adam and Mary Spencer
    www.thecountryladyantiques.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that you were in New England, you picked a wonderful time to come, the weather is so nice lately.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visits