Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities.

For more than sixty years I have studied, collected, repaired, and bought and sold antique dolls. They have been back ground music in my life at every stage, sometimes louder, sometimes subdued, but always there with me. To see only the posts about dolls on this blog, click the banner on the right titled Dolls for My Red Cape. Keep clicking “Older Posts” to see more. Some of the posts featuring rug hooking are gathered under the banner For Cathy. From time to time items are offered for sale under the banner “O’Neill’s Antiques” which was our shop name for many years. ~Edyth O’Neill

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hooking workshop here mid June







We had a wonderful 3 days, and Trish brought a world of lovely wool as always. If you are in San Antonio sometime, be sure to visit her shop Country Gatherings there. The little lions were colored like a small lion painting from 28 years back, in my granddaughter's nursery then! Wish I had room to show all the wonderful rugs and ruggers from that week! If interested, watch for a primitive ram I hooked in 1987, a friend is offering it for sale and I have said I will post that here for her. E

4 comments:

  1. wow, that looks like a fun time, I cant believe all that wool! I am actually just starting to learn how to rug hook. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edyth, wish I could have been there....looks like so much fun....will see you in August in San Antonio and hopefully again in September at Star in Fredericksburg.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith -

    I purchased your Primitive Ram rug from Judy and received it in the mail yesterday. I am so thrilled -he's wonderful! Thrilled with the rug and to have an Edyth original. I can't wait to share it with my group of rug hookers. I enjoy your blog and hopefully I can make it down to TX sometime. Thanks for sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, good luck to you, it is a facinating and totaly absorbing thing, I have loved it for over 30 years!

    Gayle, looking forward to being with you at Star, I will not be in SA in August, have a good one there, E

    Michelle, thank you for your warm words and enthusiasm. E

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Visits