Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Monday, August 27, 2007











Dear Friends I have changed my blog and also my rug book site. If you get to either one, it will reference the other. I am working now to make a slide show that can go on each website, showing photos of the old house before we lost it. In addition I would like to make one with my rugs on it for the rug book site and one with old dolls on it for this journal site, (blog) It is wonderful what all we can do with photos on the web now!! I have had great assistance from two friends, Dixie and Sharon.
Besides being moving day for the blogs, it is moving day for my doll family, At last I have gotten a third big glass case for my bedroom and I am finding that even so, they are a bit crowded! Some will have to continue to live in the bathroom on a counter and some in the library in another smaller case. I had a friend Elizabeth, when asked where she was going to put her grandfather clock when she was moving to a smaller house, replied emphatically that she would keep it if she had to keep it in the kitchen sink!! So things aren't that bad yet here.
Photos above, 1 st shows some of the dolls still left out. 2 nd is 3 girls up high who are very happy with their perch out of danger and able to observe the rest of the dolls. Third shows the chinas and parians who are more or less permanently in the bathroom on a counter. last shows the 12 feet of glass cases. Wish me luck as I shuffle all this and try to line the backs of the cases and so forth. I am thrilled to have a collection going back together, and a place to put them.
Two years ago I had 6 china heads that had come through the fire,, 4 tiny and two large, plus 26 burned and blackened papier mache heads. Plus their furniture which we were still cleaning and refinishing from the fire. virtually all textiles and bodies gone. Now I have repainted heads and made bodies and bought many many many more, and have about the number I had before though it will never have the number of orignal condition dolls or over all quality and rare ones back. It is great to have a collection again, and many of you have helped me in dozens of ways to get back here! Thanks, E








Blog Archive

Visits